Thursday 20 August 2009

Not a bad start . . . .

Decent result for Birmingham last night vs Pompey. The penalty may have been controversial but David James was a bit naïve to put himself in the situation that led to it imo. Spurs might be the team on the up on the look of the early season form. Fair enough its only 2 games but they look well organised and potent up front and though you can’t win anything early doors you can certainly make costly errors that cost you in the end and they must be massively confident at the moment.

On the poker front I seem to be on a heater of sorts with the $10 DYM’s and got a 7th last night in the WillHill SuperSeries winning $141 for an $8 outlay so happy about that. With a bit of luck and continued form I’m hoping to move up to the $20 DYM’s by the end of September if not before.
Tbh I’m not sure whether I’m doing the BRM thing the right way but as soon as I get to my next target (£750) I am going to move up whether the roll has come from STT’s or MTT’s. As far as I’m concerned I have just 1 roll so can move up when I can afford it. Is this correct?
I am thinking of playing some live poker at the Grosvenor Walsall at some point after seeing an article in the Inside Poker magazine and fancy the £20 freezeout on a Saturday night but am a bit put off as it is self dealt and I have only ever played live in a social club environment or home game so am not overly confident in the dealing stakes and will probably make a few errors. It is something I am interested in getting into though so might just go and have a look to begin with.

The decent thing about
online poker games though is that if you get knocked out you can find another in a couple of minutes and whereas with live poker I could be sitting around for a while railing whoever I go with as I won’t drive as I like a tot.

As a final point
UKGatsby has done a cracking post If Carlsberg done Footballers On Facebook :) and its well worth a look.

That will do for now. Good luck.
Joke –

Paddy and Mary went to counselling after 25 years of marriage. When asked about the problems Mary had a list of issues, neglect, loneliness, unloved etc. Afterwards the therapist got up, walked around his desk, asked Mary to stand up and then unbuttoned her blouse, caressed her breasts and kissed her while Paddy watched.
"This is what your Wife needs 3 times a week" the therapist said, "Can you manage that?"
Paddy thought about it for a minute and said "I can drop her off on Mondays and Wednesdays but on Fridays I play golf".

4 comments:

would-be said...

Mate, when I started playing live just a few months ago, I was shocking when it came to the handling of the cards, the dealing, etc..
But by the end of the very first night, I was doing a good enough job and didn't feel like everyone was watching me and scrutinizing my actions.
Also, I wasn't alone, and even now when I play there's always someone on the table who has no idea how to do it, and they're ALWAYS a good player cos they've played more hands online than the older guys all put together.

I can't recommend playing live enough. It's brilliant. The banter, the feel of the chips, being able to see people's faces when they bet into you, the whole thing.

Get down there.

Gavin said...

Cheers mate. Will probably just explain I'm a newbie and they'll think I've never played before which might work to my advantage :)

Wildcat said...

Nice results, wd. Are you trying the D2Ns on stars? Had a horrible run on them myself, being rivered for fun, which was annoying when I tried the $20 ones and the standard was actually worse that the $10s!

Gavin said...

Still on Hills mate as I'm too lazy to move and am still getting 33% rakeback. Looking forward to moving up a level but lost a few last night so i'm going to have to be patient.