Wednesday 24 March 2010

Should cement a profit for the month . . . .


Managed a MTT win last night which gives the profit a bit of a boost for the month (approx £300 total).
Having messed about with Rush poker I then changed to the $12+$1 90 player knock out tourneys which I have done okay in as I like the structure and then played the Super Series last night and for once it all fell back into place and, barring 1 very fortunate hand , the hands held up and the flush draws hit etc.
Its not just the profit boost thats a bonus but the fact that I hadn't won a MTT for aaages and I'm hoping the confidence boost leads to more of the same.
Got an interview for the role I mentioned in the last post tomorrow and with a bit of luck and a decent showing by me things could look pretty rosy going forward.
Hope you're all doing well
Gav
Joke -
A married Irishman went into the confessional and said to his priest, "I almost had an affair with another woman."
The priest said, "What do you mean, almost?"
The Irishman said, "Well, we got undressed and rubbed together, but then I stopped."
The priest said, "Rubbing together is the same as putting it in.. You're not to see that woman again. For your penance, say five Hail Mary's and put $50 in the poor box."
The Irishman left the confessional, said his prayers, and then walked over to the poor box.
He paused for a moment and then started to leave.
The priest, who was watching, quickly ran over to him saying, "I saw that. You didn't put any money in the poor box!"
The Irishman replied, "Yeah, but I rubbed the $50 on the box, and according to you, that's the same as putting it in!"

5 comments:

James P McAteer said...

nice score!

GL with the job!

Wildcat said...

Well done! Hope I can get a win soon also. Good luck with getting the job.

John said...

GG mate

I played a couple of the super series last week and had some shocking exits - the willy hill players have to be the worst!!

You should play more tournaments you seem to do well in them

Littleacornman said...

Sweet win mate.Must have felt goot!

Gavin said...

Cheers for your comments chaps